Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Music of My Life

I'm reactivating my blog.

As always, the week between Christmas and New Years' is so quiet that I get the chance to catch up on lots of personal things. So, the first thing I caught up with was my music. Low and behold, Elton John and Leon Russell have collaborated on a new album, and perhaps even more exciting, (I'll let you know when I listen), Carlos Santana has come out with an album called Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time. And, Joe Cocker and Carlos are covering Hendrix. I heard Carlos cover Hendrix when he played Canada's Wonderland in the mid 1990's, before his popularity rebirth. He was absolutely FANTASTIC, of course, and his Hendrix covers were also absolutely fantastic. I have been looking for some of these recordings ever since the mp3 music revolution.

So, why am I saying this. Because, I think I'm going to blog for a while on The Music of My Life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see you in the blogosphere again. Always appreciate your special insight into the music we grew up listening to. I'll be a regular visitor. P.S. I do still need lessons on creating CD labels :) Congrats on your latest venture.

    ReplyDelete