Saturday, February 22, 2014

An Open Letter to Facebook

Dear Facebook:
I am a grandfather who has discovered that Facebook is a great way to see what's happening in the lives of my kids, their kids, my friends and relatives, their kids, and their kids' kids. It's a great way to share some the things in life that are just so wonderful.
So, like the rest of the community, we tolerate your putting advertisements on our news feeds as a necessary evil.
However, today, instead of an ad for product or services, I got the following propaganda post.

Unacceptable. The world is full of enough harmful untruths.
Please stop. I am caught between a rock and a hard place here. Note that while I want to share with my friends and family, I am unhappy and if given a kinder, gentler alternative, I will terminate my relationship with you and when enough of us do that, you are out of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment