Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Brooklyn? One of the most popular baby names? Sounds like an Abbot and Costello dialogue to me

According to the Associated Press, Brooklyn is one of the most popular baby names in the U.S. More than 6,600 girls born in the U.S. in 2013 were named Brooklyn.


I wonder what Abbott and Costello would say about that.

Abbott: So, I heard you’re going on a long weekend with your new girlfriend
Costello: True
Abbott: So, what’s her name?
Costello: Brooklyn
Abbott: I want to know her name, not where you’re going.
Costello: Brooklyn
Abbott: O.K., so you’re going to Brooklyn?
Costello: Virginia
Abbott: I see, you’re going to Brooklyn with Virginia. Why didn’t you just say her name was Virginia in the first place. And where are you going specifically.
Costello: Puritan Virginia.
Abbott: Yikes Costello, first of all, that’s very rude. Secondly, it’s none of my business. Please answer my question.
Costello: I’m telling you, Puritan Virginia. Have you never heard the expression Virginia is for lovers.
Abbott:  Are you and Virginia in love?
Costello: I don’t know, never been there.
Abbott: So, you’re taking someone for a long weekend whom you’ve never met?
Costello: Of course I met her.
Abbott: Who?
Costello: Brooklyn
Abbot: Nevermind
Costello: That's her dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment